Saturday, October 15, 2011

What's Up the Street For Next Week?

Fall is in the air – and that means….change.


Change of the weather.

Change in the length of the days.

Change from shorts to longer pants (unless you’re my 13 year old who wears shorts year-round)

Change from AC to Heat.

Lots of change. Are there any changes you’re making in your writing this fall? New hours that you’ve set to write? A new story? A new genre? Has your writing jumped to a new level? Agented? Published?

Share the change.

What’s Up This Week on The Alley?

Monday –Pepper stops in for a short post entitled “The Big Green-Eyed Monster” Comparing Yourself to Other Writers.

Tuesday – To keep along with the theme of ‘change’, Julia challenges us to start goal-setting.

Wednesday – Sarah’s final Self-Editing Checklist is up today. Don’t miss it.
Thursday- Wendy discusses tips from Dwight Swain’s book, Techniques From the Selling Writer.

Friday – What’s Missing From Your Novel? Cindy kicks off her new series by posting about the 'senses'.


 
Winner of Wings of a Dream is Joanne Sher. Congrats, Joanne. Send your snail mail to pepperbasham@yahoo.com

Winner of Dance of the Dandelion by Dina Sleiman is misskallie2000. Send your snail mail to sherrinda(at)gmail(dot)com. 

6 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

Yay! I won :) Thanks, Alley Cats! Email's off to Pepper.

This coming week sounds great - though I'm wondering if "Pepper" and "short post" are legal in the same sentence ;)

Change for me? After at least three years of saying "maybe next year," THIS is the year I'm planning to do NaNoWriMo. DEFINITELY a change for me (and probably my whole family).

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Hutt-Write Voice said...

Brand new follower to this neat blog and I'm starting a 2-Saturdays writing workshop this afternoon. I belong to a writer's group, but haven't taken part in a workshop in a while.
I'm at hutt-writevoice.blogspot.com
Stop by anytime!

Casey said...

Welcome to the Alley, Linda! So glad you're joining us. :)

Julia M. Reffner said...

Welcome, Linda. Kudos to all those who are doing NANOWRIMO. We're cheering you on.

What a great set of posts coming up, I'm particularly looking forward to the post on the senses.

Pepper said...

Joanne's challenged me. ;-) since I have a very sprained wrist - I'll probably meet the challenge

misskallie2000 said...

I won, Thank you so much. I can't wait to read "Dance of the Dandelion".

Congrats to you Joanne on your win.

misskallie2000